- Sweet and Sour Halibut
- Brown Sugar Salmon
- Halibut with Cream Sauce
- Jerry's Salmon
- Orange Teriyaki Salmon
- Parmesan Halibut
- Seven Lazy P Chicken
- Rice Pilaf
- Coconut Crab Cakes
- Artichoke Halibut Dip
- Taco Dip
- Crab Dip
- Halibut Salad
- Halibut Caddy Ganty
- Herbed Salmon Steaks
- Halibut Nicoice
- Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
- Crab Crostini
- Sea Bass
Sweet and Sour Halibut
- Pansy’s Sweet and Sour Fish ------- Great?
- 2# thick fish fillets such as halibut or cod
- 1 tsp Salt
- oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- ½ corn Starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. banking soda
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- Sweeter and Sour Sauce
- 1 ½ cups liquid (pineapple juice and water)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. Cornstarch
- 6 T. Vinegar
- 6 T. Catsup
- 1 #2 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 lg. tomato
- 1 lg. green pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds
Wash and dry fish fillets. Bone the fillets and cut into 1 inch chunks. Sprinkle with sale and set aside. Heat up oil in deep fry pan, wok or deep fryer to 375 while you prepare the batter sauce and garnish. Prepare batter by mixing flour, cornstarch, baking powder, soda and cold water together in a bowl. This is a fairly think batter. Set aside. (For Sauce) drain the juice off the pineapple chunks used in the garnish. Add water to the juice to make 1 ½ cups. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Blend in vinegar and catsup. Stir
In pineapple liquid. Cook, stirring until thickened and clear. Keep sauce in double broiler till needed. Prepare the garnish by cutting the tomato and green pepper into bite size chunks.
Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze
- 3 Tablespoons light brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
One the side burner, melt and the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let cool.
Preheat grill to medium head. Brush salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salmon skin side down on the grill. Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes.
Halibut with Cream Sauce
- 1 Medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut or salmon steaks
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 3/4 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Place butter and onion on a double layer of aluminum foil. Cut fish into serving size pieces and place over onions.
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving. Spoon the remaining sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Grill covered over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flake easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Jerry's Salmon Marinade
- 1 Cup Yoshida Gourmet Sauce
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 1/4 Cup Real Maple Syrup
Mix Ingredients and marinade fish for 6 hours
Orange Teriyaki Salmon
- 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice or orange juice from concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon minced or chopped ginger
- 4 Salmon fillets, about 6 ounce each and 1 inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
In an 8-inch square baking dish whisk together the orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger. Add the Salmon fillets, spooning the sauce over them.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the fish is done. Test by cutting with a fork ; the salmon should easily cut but not flake apart completely.
- 3 Tablespoons each flour and yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt and dry mustard
- 1.4 teaspoon each dry rosemary leaves and pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, dibived
- Lemon wedges
Mix flour, cornmeal, garlic salt, mustard, rosemary, and pepper. Dip fish in milk; drain briefly, then roll in coating mixture to cover evenly. Arrange fish in baking dish and cover with melted butter. Sprinkly fish lightly with paprika and 1.2 the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 until fish flakes easily.
Halfway through baking time, turn fish over; sprinkle lightly with the paprika and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serves 4
Seven Lazy P Chicken
- Rose Gilber, Eagle Charters
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup potato
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp sweet basil
- 1 tsp or more paprika
- salt, garlic salt, pepper to taste
Dip Chicken in butter and then in potato flake mixture. Bake at 375 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1-1/2 cup rice uncooked
- 3-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Melt butter.
- Add rice and cook until light brown
- Add Chicken broth and heat to boiling
- Pour in 2-1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake @ 375 for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and add remaining ingredients
- Cover and bake 20 more minutes
Coconut Crab Cakes
- 1 (12 oz) can lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup scallions or yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
Mix together crabmeat, coconut, mayo and 2 eggs. Add onion, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, lemon and lime juices, salt and pepper, mix with hands. Form into balls and flatten lightly.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 TBS each olive oil and butter, blended
Mix eggs and milk. In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge cakes in egg and then breadcrumbs. Heat butter/oil mixture in pan and fry cakes until golden on both sides - about 3 minutes.
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 jar pineapple/apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- Mix till well blended and chill before serving.
Artichoke Halibut Dip
- 2 lbs Halibut
- 1 large artichoke can, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- 1 C Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 C mayonnaise
Place all in a crock pot until cheese melts (Stir a few times) Enjoy....
- 1-16oz can refried beans
- 1-4 oz can chopped green chilies (well drained)
- 1 1 1/4 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 med avocados seeded and peeled
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Cut sour cream
- taco sauce to taste
- 1 med. tomato, chopped
Shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and sliced olives
In a small bowl, mix together refried beans, green chilies and taco seasoning. Spread mixture out on a serving plate. Blend avocado, lemon juice and taco sauce until smooth. Spead over refried beans mixture. Top with sour cream, then garnish with remaining ingredients. Serve with Tortilla chips.
- 1 can crab meat
- 2 hard-boiled-eggs-diced
- 1/2 C chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 T horseradish
- 1 T Worchestershire
- 1/2 tsp salt
Drain crabmeat and squeeze out liquid. Combine with rest of ingredients and chill for one hour or so. Serve Cold. With Fritos Scoops.
- 2 Halibut Fillets
- 1/2 Cup (at least) cream cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- dash lemon juice
- dash tabaskco
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 2 TBS minced Celery
Mix well and chill.
Halibut Caddy Ganty
- 2 lb. Halibut, fresh or defrosted
- white wine to cover
- sourdough bread crumbs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
Take two pounds of filleted halibut cut into pieces approximately 1" thick and 3" x 3" and put into a bowl, lightly salting and pouring wine over each layer until the fish is all in. Cover the fillets, cover and set in a cool place to marinate for two hours.
Drain the fillets and pat dry with paper towel or cloth, then roll in dry bread crumbs (we used dried homemade sourdough bread and grind the crumbs in the grater of our mixer). Place the crumbed fillets in a single layer in a lightly buttered baking dish which can be brought to the table, and cover with the following topping:
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and chopped onions and spread thickly on top of the fillets in the baking dish, smoothing it out to the edges so the fish is covered completely. Sprinkle the top with paprika and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until light brown and bubbly and an instant reading thermometer reads 125 degrees in the thickest part. Serve at once.
Herbed Salmon Steaks
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
Place butter in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Dip salmon into butter, then coat both sides with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Inspired by memories of the Mediterranean, this is a good preparation for those who love fish and who also love red wine. The robust flavors of the dish are well matched with sturdy red wine.
- Preparation and Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Pounds skinless fresh halibut fillets, sliced into small steaks about 4 by 2 by 1/2 inch (substitute red snapper, flounder or ling cod)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, seasoned with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine (chardonnay or sauvignon blanc)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (4 large cloves)
- 3 cups peeled seeded and large diced fresh tomatoes (4 or 5 tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil (or 3 teaspoons dried)
- 3/4 cup pitted and sliced black olives
- Salt and Pepper
- 1) Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 12 by 8 by 2 inch casserole.
- 2) Lightly dust pieces of halibut with flour
- 3) Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add 4 or 5 pieces of fish and sauces 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to oiled casserole and cook remaining fish. Arrange fish nearly in casserole.
- 4) Add wine to aute pan and deglaze it. then stir in garlic tomatoes and basil. Bring to a quick boil, stir in olives and taste to correct seasoning. Pour sauce over fish.
- 5) Cover casserole and bake 5 to 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily. Remove from oven and serve at once.
Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Pounds Halibut, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green cillies
- 1 can (4 1/4 oz) chopped ripe olives drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
In a large saucepan, bring water to boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 mintues or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Fold in fish.
Place 1/2 cup down the center or each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with cream bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 to 35 mintues or until buggly. Serve with salsa.
Yield: 8 servings.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces Italian bread, cut into 16 slices
- 1) Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil. Pick over the crabmeat to remove any cartilage
- 2) In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, bell pepper, mayonnaise, parsley chives, lime juice, mustard, Parmesan cheese and hot pepper sauce, and blend well.
- 3) Spread 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture on each slice of bread.
- 4) Place the crostini on the broiler pan and broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes/buds
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten with 3 tbls. cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds bass fillets, or your favorite fish fillets
Mix the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs and water and put in a separate shallow bowl. Heat about 1/4 inch of cooking oil in a large frying pan. Dip the fish fillets in the egg mixture then roll them in the flour mix to coat lightly and fry in hot oil. Cooking time will vary with the thickness of the fillets. Turn when the frying side becomes golden brown. Test to see when fish flakes easily with a fork for doneness. This is a very crispy, light batter.
Enjoy with sauteed fresh garden vegetables and yellow rice for a good tasting, easy to prepare meal.
This sea bass recipe is easy to prepare. We have additional bass recipes on our fish recipe page for you to use and enjoy.